Nanaimo Precast Ltd. has been a long standing manufacturer of precast concrete products situated in Nanaimo. In July 2017, a consortium of precast concrete companies led by Hyland Precast Inc. purchased the assets. Hyland operates in the 20,000 sq. ft state-of-the-art facility. In conjunction with Hyland’s facilities in Cumberland, the group manufactures structural precast and custom concrete products with a large inventory of manholes, catch basins, tanks, well casings, and median barriers. We are the exclusive distributor on Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Powell River Regional District for the Redi Rock™ retaining wall system.
The Island Advantage
Our Nanaimo location offers significant advantages that can save you time and money. The temperate coastal climate at our Nanaimo location allows our CSA approved facility to work throughout the year to optimize buildout time lines and ensure that your work schedules are met. Delivering your precast product is cost effective, and our HIAB 477 truck and trailer delivers to barge for transport throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Build With Strength – The Precast Difference:
- When you choose precast concrete, most of the construction labour is done by machine, lowering labour costs and shortening the time to project completion. Compare this to building forms and mixing concrete on site, which requires additional costs for materials, transport, labour, and offers no guarantee of quality control or end result.
- The precast is ready for use as soon as it’s delivered so there is no need to wait for curing or ideal weather conditions that can put your project on standby.
- Quantity can offer significant savings for contractors with multiple projects. You can easily plan more profitable projects when you have fixed costs.
- You can order a range of building materials from Nanaimo Precast, simplifying project management and reducing the variables that can increase costs. You can order waste management tanks, box culverts, insulated and uninsulated concrete wall panels, Redi-Rock retaining wall blocks, and parking curbs for the same project, delivered to site with one supplier.
- Precast offers ongoing value as custom molds can be reused reducing set up costs. You don’t have to “reinvent the wheel” reassembling forms on the next site. Place your order, and your precast arrives on the truck, ready to set into place.
- Precast molds provide decorative options that are not practical to produce on site, allowing you to build your professional reputation on the versatility and durability of precast.